Monday, July 24, 2006

Margaret Cho, Ex-Manager Wage Nasty Battle

Maybe it'll hit the press afterall. This article is so ridiculous though. Here are some excerpts followed by my comments:

She said she's not supposed to discuss the lawsuit and made a reference to "winged monkeys" who seem to be everywhere these days at shows eager to report back to Taussig, who is suing for big money.
I'm not suing Margaret for any money at all. She was suing for me to return all the commissions she paid me for the last year up until the law was changed and she had to drop her suit. I'm just asking the court to step in and help dissolve the company we own 50-50 because we can't agree on how to do it. Maybe she's anticipating that a lawsuit is coming because she knows she owes me commissions and now she can't hide behind that weird law. Maybe someone could suggest that she pay me what she owes me so I don't have to sue?

It was the wicked witch of the east who had the flying monkeys, right? I just love it when women go after each other using gender slurs. It gives my attorney even further justification for calling our predicament a "catfight," which he did the other day. Pretty soon we'll be calling each other crazy and hysterical and the press will just have a field day.

Apparently, Cho, who has been married to Al Ridenour since 2003, wanted to do more television work and accept movie roles, which Taussig always wanted to turn down.
I was willing to give her the credit for having the integrity to turn down those auditions (not many offers, as I recall) for those stereotypically racist roles she made a career out of lampooning in her concert films (i.e. "I don't want to be a manicurist..." - Revolution). But, OK. It was me. It was also me who invested my life's savings in, and produced Bam Bam and Celeste (the movie she wrote and stars in), as well as her 4 concert films, in order for her to have a significant film and TV presence. But yes, for the record, I thought a FOX sitcom, written by someone else (hmm...that sounds familiar), in which she played her mother character, would not have been a good career move.

"She's threatening to have a movie made about me," Cho said.
Uh...no...I'm...not...doing...that.

Margaret's attorney, Howard King, just finished suing Michael Jackson on behalf of a client, for which he used the press very effectively. I'm sure that case was very good for him and his firm and I suspect more things to come out in the press about my case. I wonder if Margaret or her advisors would realize (or care?) if it turned out that she was literally stripping herself of the values and the integrity upon which her career was built.
javascript hit counter